Thursday 20 February 2014

Been too busy to craft!

Had a hectic fortnight as work has being getting done on my house but (finally!) finished my daughter, Ami's hooded scarf that was supposed to be for Christmas.  In the end it took 8 balls at £2.99 each.  I would have been cheaper buying one.  There are pockets at the ends of the scarf.

The yarn is King Cole Splash.  Colour Embers.  It is a self patterning yarn which I used doubled on 9mm needles.  I had to scroll through each ball to get the colours to line up.  There was some yarn left over so i made a matching pair of hand warmers
Mandi, my niece, and I went to Homebase to buy paint and whilst there we spotted a lovely wine glass in the sale.  Only one left so she asked me to put her name on it
I still think i'm smudging the letters but Mandi liked it (or so she said).  Also did a Tea Money jar for the Thursday Group
Got the Debbi Moore Twilight Queen cd and made a couple of Gothic themed cards.  The one below is my favourite.  I echoed the skull and clock design with a pair of removable charms that could be put on a necklace or bracelet.  I'm going to try to sell this one on eBid Link Here


This morning I picked up a knitting and crochet magazine in the charity shop and it has some lovely baby, and a cute girls bag patterns in it so that will probably be my next craft project.

No comments:

Post a Comment