Wednesday 26 February 2014

This weeks crafting

This week I have been mostly knitting.  I have a few unfinished projects I would like to get finished and I have been concentrating on these.  The first is a purple and lilac striped hoodie that was originally for my friends granddaughter.  I have spent so long on it that it is probably too wee by now.  I have been doing it on metal needles and the difference in weight between them and bamboo is really noticeable. I found my fingers were getting sore and swollen after only an hour.  I have completed the back and two sleeves so far.

OH wants some lightweight loose bedsocks.  However, I can only do socks from a pattern and so far they have been too tight or not big enough.  I started a pair with 4ply sock yarn but after doing the cuff and heel I decided they were much too thin and if walked on the would disintegrate. So back to the drawing board.

I took a break from knitting to make some girls jewellery.

Monster High stud earrings
two sets of earrings, ring and hair clips.  The first with sparkly Mickey Mouse shapes

and the second with sparkly bows


I also made one card this week.  It is not for anyone in particular so i may list it for sale
thats it so far this week.  Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment