Friday 7 March 2014

Wedding Invitations and Favours

Now my Cameo is back I can get cracking on with the wedding invites and favours.  To make up for a lost month I designed different evening invitations.  I used the frame for the wedding invitations, did a print and cut on the Cameo with it set to no cut and put their initials and date on the front.  This design was originally for the order of service cards.
I don't know yet whether or not they will like them but 50 of these should only take a week.  I still have the problem of having to wait 4-5 hours for the ink to dry and i don't have the space to have more than 5 drying at one time.  I'll know not to use pearlescent card next time.

I also made 20 favour boxes for my daughters wedding in June.  These are also done on pearlescent card but i've had no drying problems with these.
The pattern is vintage cars with "Just Married" on the back and little hearts.  The ribbon is white organza secured with a glue dot and a pearlised lilac ribbon slider to finish.  Each box contains 2 mini packets of "love hearts" sweets.
These boxes were very quick and easy to make.  I will certainly do them again.  The cutting file was from the Silhouette Store and is called Christmas Gift Box.  I deleted the Christmas tree and made the box a little smaller so 2 would fit on an A4 page.
I have also made some Jasmine Essential Oil handmade soaps with just a sprinkling of jasmine flowers.  The base for these was an sls free Olive Oil melt and pour and I also added a little Vitamin E.
I finished off the organza bags by adding one of the ribbon sliders to each.  With hindsight I should probably have coloured these lilac to match the theme but I left them uncoloured as so many people have allergies to various things.

I still have 13 of my nephew's wedding invitations to make and the 50 evening ones if they want them.  I also have 40 evening invitations and some table decorations to do for my daughter.  Hopefully they will all be finished with time to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment