Friday 14 March 2014

Working my fingers to the bone.

Been crafting all day and all last evening too.  Have had to stop mid-flow as my arthritic fingers have given up and look like sausages now. :)
Below are my makes:
I had a lot of fun doing this.  The base is a 12" Erasure album, to which I added a circle of Kokeshi Doll card from the now defunct Abi's Crafts. I cut the circle 3mm smaller than the album so there was a tiny black border. The numbers are cut from glitter card in font called Shojumaru from fontspace.  I can't remember what size I made them but it was larger than 72.  They are raised up on foam pads for more definition.  The hands were from ebay and have a star and a moon at the ends of them.
I also added a blue gem to the central point.  The finished clock is now listed in my Etsy shop: WiccaBasketUK

This was me practising for the clock making at the group I attend, next Thursday.

One of the ladies at the group is ill and has been in hospital so I made her a get well soon card.

I used a pearlescent card and a cutting file called Get Well Soon Folding Card from the Silhouette store.  It could have been doing with me scoring a fold line but I forgot.  The backing paper is a pale yellow and I added some glitter glue to the letters.  The finished card is just under an A5 size.

The next card i did was another cutting file from Silhouette, Medieval Tile.  The base is white linen card 5x5inch, the offset in blue and the top layer in turquoise.  I think I may add one of my replica medieval coins to the centre to finish it off.

I found some nice pieces of card in my offcuts box that just seemed right for each other so I made up this card base for them
The pierced wooden heart has been glazed and the holes filled with glaze which makes it all very shiny.  I can't decide whether to add a sentiment to the top right or leave as it is.

Also in my offcuts box was a twisted pyramage that I had cut out but not assembled.  I used foam pads to mount each layer on top of the other and used a Lori Whitlock cutting file for the stepper base.  I left room to put Happy Birthday or a name on the scalloped panel
I do find i'm using my Cameo in most of my cardmaking these days.

As my fingers were sore I took a break and made some soap.  This first one is a mould that came with a UK sweet making magazine as was the gift box.  I used a Goat's Milk soap base from Mystic Moments and coloured half of it with carob powder.  I used a chocolate fragranced soap oil from Justasoap then when it was just starting to cool swirled the two colours together to give the marbling effect.
Their tails are little lengths of string.

I also made some chocolate heart soaps that I haven't packaged and photographed yet.  I am going to put each of them in a little petit fours case and box them up too.

I also made some bar shampoo with Claranol shampoo base and Patchouli,  Lavender and Tea-tree essential oils.  These not only add a wonderful scent but are great for dry hair.  The little bars are perfect for using while travelling as there is no risk of spillage and you can take them in your carry-on bag.
I think i'll be doing some more soap making later tonight if I can stay awake :)

Thats it from me for now - Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment